Desktop Icons Being Deleted at Laundromat Internet Kiosk

Questions about our products
laundromat

Desktop Icons Being Deleted at Laundromat Internet Kiosk

Post by laundromat »

Hello Frank,

I have the software up and running, installed the equipment, and now things are running excellent. What a great product and software has been working well. You may have remembered me from the numerous challenges I had a startup.

I have now run into another challenge with users deleting the desktop icons. This includes the icons for Internet explorer, etc. When the next user comes, there is no way to access Internet. I have removed ability to use Start button because people have tinkered with it too much.

Is there a way to protect the desktop, or restore the desktop icons upon reboot? Please let me konw.

Steve
Laundromat in Las Vegas
Administrator

Re: Desktop Icons Being Deleted at Laundromat Internet Kiosk

Post by Administrator »

You can setup all the programs short cut in the menu,
Start->Administrator-> kiosk settings->Games or application, to add all the applications or games which you allow customer to use.
You may need to hide the desktop and start button in the same time.

We may have new features in the future version which you can add program in the start screen.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Hi

Can I do a suggestion for you? It's called Deepfreeze, have a look in it, try it on a testmachine, it's a very effective way of protecting the entire setup (OS, programs, configs,...) for deletion.

Even if the customer deletes windows files and other stuff, after a reboot everything is back as it was in the begin when you installed the machine.

I'm using it on my kiosks, and have almost never problems with viruses or programs being deleted by users.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

thanks for sharing the information