delay power to the coin op

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
mark1stuart

delay power to the coin op

Post by mark1stuart »

i would like to have my kiosks rebooting every time the customers time expires so its a fresh computer every time someone will use it, but the only problem is whilst the computer is rebooting the coin op still has power and it swollows the customers money! and doesnt give them any time!

but if there was a delay on the power going to the coin op on booting then this would solve the problem!!!!

maybe you use the interface board to do a self test after each reboot before it suplies power to coin op?
Administrator

Re: delay power to the coin op

Post by Administrator »

You can order Molex-12http://www.weavefuture.com/images/AK5-U ... -12VDC.JPG Power adapter cable which is US$10 and it will connect the coin acceptor's power to PC's Power, so only when PC is power off the coin acceptor also power off,
You can also put up a sign to let customer not insert money and wait until the PC boot up.
mark1stuart

Post by mark1stuart »

i have those cables.... but like i said the coin op has power whilst the computer boots up. therefore coin swollowing happens!!!
in my experiance people are not very good at reading signs!
there must be anouther way around this than signs!
maybe in the next version you could put a delay option in the kiosk software where we could adjust the deley in sending power to the coin op?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

OK, we will inform the development team to implement this feature whenever possible.