Hide specific disk drives instead of ALL

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
hstraf

Hide specific disk drives instead of ALL

Post by hstraf »

In the Kiosk configuration settings area, there is a setting called "Hide All Disk Drivers".

Is it possible to block access to only specific disk drives, instead of all of them?

For example, we would like to allow our customer to use the "media card reader" for the computer, so they can load their camera pictures, etc... But when they insert the disk into the media reader, it is not possible to choose this drive because it is "hidden" by the kiosk software.

Thanks!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

thank for you idea,
We have another product before to disable specific disk drives and it sells for $19,
But we will add these feature in the future release (may version 4.0)
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

OK, thanks.

Perhaps an idea might be to sell different features and "addons" to the basic Kiosk software for additional money.

For example.. the basic kiosk software works and everything is good. But if you want to enable the "advanced" features (like ability to enabled/disable specific drives, change colors of timer, whatever, etc..) then this could be an extra $20 purchase.

I have no problem with that sort of license system -- and I think you should be paid for extra work that you are doing.

:)

Perhaps an idea might be to have the basic LITE version.. and then sell the PRO version for an extra $25?

For example, see my own software here: http://www.snippetmaster.com

I give away the free LITE version, and it works perfectly for about 90% of my customers. Then I have about 10% who want extra features, and so I have the PRO version that they can by for about $25.

This works very well... the trick is to make the free LITE version work for "most" people...

I hope that helps.