AK5 detecting wrong coin

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
clem

AK5 detecting wrong coin

Post by clem »

Hi,

I'm using UK coins, and I've just noticed that occasionally thr AK5 will register a 10p coin as a 50p. I've set it not to recognise 10p coins at all. All I allow customers to put in are 20p, 50p and £1. Sometimes, however, customers will put in a 10p, and usually it will be rejected, but sometimes it registers as a 50p and gets accepted. The 50p is a large 7 sided coin, and the 10p is a slightly smaller round coin. Is there any way around this? Should I have the sensitivity switch set higher - usually it's on normal. Also, does it help to have sensitivity higher when training the AK5 the first time?

Thanks
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Yes, set the sensitivity switch higher will work. But do not set sensitivity higher when training the AK5.
You can also try to choose another 10 sets sample of 50p for training, may be some 10p or 50p are magnetization.
The coin acceptor not only check the size of the coin and it also check the martial of coin.