Several bugs, IMPORTANT to other ones too maybe!!

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
UfukD

Several bugs, IMPORTANT to other ones too maybe!!

Post by UfukD »

Hi

I discovered several important bugs i want to mention here, maybe you can fix them next time, some are fixed with the latest release 3.7.5. For one i discovered a work around myself. Maybe other people can use it too.

1. If someone could get to task manager (with ctrl-alt-del combination for example) they can shut down the timer, so they can surf forever for free. Now we can disable ctrl-alt-del and other critical combinations in the timer settings, so that's OK, BUT right clicking cannot be disabled, so if someone right clicks on the task bar of windows they get the a small popup menu of windows where they can click on TASK MANAGER and shutdown the timer also. Can you build in a function where we can disable Rightclicking?

2. Until yesterday i was using 3.7.4, but there was a bug in it. If the customer leaves IE7 open on http://www.youtube.com homepage at the latest seconds on the timer, the timer goes on 0, the mouse is blocked, but the IE7 window is not closed, and the shell of weavefuture timer is not shown. The keyboard is also not blocked, so the customer can surf on without using the mouse, only the keyboard, for free. now i fixed this problem with upgrading to 3.7.5, now the shell of the timer is getting in front of the IE7 window, but the window is not getting closed, if a movie on youtube is playing, you can still hear it playing on the background, behind the shell. so the bug is that the timer doesn't shutdown running applications when the timer reaches to 0.

3. that brings me to this bug, or feature that is missing: i'm currently using a USB keyboard, as far as i noticed, weavefuture doesn't block the keyboard if it is connected directly through usb??!! How come the weavefuture software don't block the USB keyboard when the timer expires? Do i have to use PS2 keyboard instead?

4. this bug i was having with 3.7.4 and 3.7.5. The bug is that the taskbar of windows doesn't get behind the shell of the timer when the timer is on 0. I start the computer up, windows starts, weavefuture software starts, the shell is shown, but the taskbar of windows is also shown on the bottom. Now you can say, disable the taskbar in kiosksettings, but i don't want that because customers cannot switch between windows then when they are using the computer. I did something else for hiding it: right click on the taskbar uncheck 'taskbar always on top' and check "hide taskbar if not used", then it is not shown when there is no money inserted.

Kind regards

UfukD
Belgium
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1. Disable Taskbar Context Menus (All Windows) Popular

This setting removes the context menus (right click on the taskbar) for the system tray, including the Start button, Tab control, and Clock.

Open your registry and find or create the key below.
User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Value Name: NoTrayContextMenu
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called "NoTrayContextMenu" and set it according to the value data below.

Exit your registry; you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect.
We will add this feature in the future version, but you can temporary use it

2. We will try to reproduce the problem and fix it.
3. Can you try to reboot the PC after insert a USB keyboard? Our USB keyboard can be disabled. Please let me the detail of hardware and USB keyboard brand with your windows OS.
4. Thanks for share the soltuion, we will incorporated it into our future version.
Thanks you so much for pointing out the bugs and
sharing these information!