Timer doesn't fix and timer crash bug??

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
UfukD

Timer doesn't fix and timer crash bug??

Post by UfukD »

Hi

I mentioned this in another thread i think but i want to mention it again coz' its important.

I can't fix the timer where i want it. It always jumps back to it's default place, i tried several versions on fresh windows installations (without deepfreeze!!!) and i can't get it fixed on the middle top of the screen, it always jumps back to left bottom of the screen.

I place the timer window in a way so that the timer can come where i want it to come, i click the apply current position... button and save. after the restart it's on its default place again? i don't understand. even if i check the fix the timer option, it still goes back to left bottom and fixes there, how come??

Second bug:

today i discovered that people using the kiosk, had disabled the timer some how (i don't know how) and were using the kiosk for free.

I have two games on the kiosks.

1. Counter-strike 1.6
2. Knight Online (mmorg)

I don't know how they did it but the timer wasn't there, maybe it's a bug, maybe because of the games, or maybe they figured out some way to disable the timer.

Do you know any ways to disable the timer, maybe ways that you know from the past, but now have blocked?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1. We will fix this bug in the next release.
Does your user account is an administrator when you change the settings?
2. Does your games started from Timer or start from outside of timer?
There will be monitor function on the next release. The PC will restart if the timer is gone.
Also make sure your password is not easy to guess by other people.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Administrator wrote:1. We will fix this bug in the next release.
Does your user account is an administrator when you change the settings?
2. Does your games started from Timer or start from outside of timer?
There will be monitor function on the next release. The PC will restart if the timer is gone.
Also make sure your password is not easy to guess by other people.
yes it's administrator

i changed my password into something else, longer, difficult to guess.

the programs where just started through shortcuts which i placed on the desktop. now i have added them to the timer menu also.

you're monitor should work seperatyly invisible on the background then, besides the timer, because if you build it in the timer, and the timer is closed down, then your monitor isn't worth anything i guess? :)

another thing i would like to mention:

what if i disable the start button of the timer? it says i can't get in the timer menu anymore, can't you program some combination by which we can still access the administrative menu of the timer?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1 You should monitor is running in background and hidden. It will reboot the PC if someone kill the timer.
2. the programs or game should be start from timer. so the start menu is needed. and combination key is disable for security reason.

Thanks
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

i have placed shortcuts on the desktop by which people start the programs, for example internet explorer, msn messenger, games...

i added them also in the kiosksettings so they can also be started by the timer's start button.

now when the timer expires the timer can close down those programs even if they're not started through the start button of the timer. they all point to the same .exe files anyway.

people find it easyier if they can start the programs through the shortcuts on the desktop and not all the way through the start button of the timer.

i also disabled the reset timer button, many people mistake the big red X for the close button of some window that's open. they click on it, and answer yes because they can't read english, so the timer resets and they lose their money.

i thought the RESET TIMER text was better in version 3.7.5. anyway.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The latest version of Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.7.9

What is new about version 3.7.9

1. Add monitor feature, the PC will reboot if the software been tempted.

2. F1-F12 key can be optional enable disable.

3. The Log files can be change to different directory.

4. Other fixes.
Last edited by Administrator on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

great man

thanks but only 1 question? what do you mean with the log files? you mean the files where the money counter total is saved in?

i'm going to try it as soon as possible, hopefully you also fixed the timer fix bug??

see ya
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The total money counter is save in registry.
The log files have the coin drop information. You can change the directory wherever the log files saved.
Coin ID,Minutes per coin,dropped date time,Money Value, Total Money Value
3, 5.00, 2007/12/08 06:19:36, 0.25, 0.25
3, 5.00, 2007/12/08 06:24:45, 0.25, 0.50
3, 5.00, 2007/12/08 06:43:24, 0.25, 0.75
3, 5.00, 2007/12/08 07:01:34, 0.25, 1.00

The timer change position is fixed.