:( I can no longer use the keyboard...

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
hstraf

:( I can no longer use the keyboard...

Post by hstraf »

This is bad.

The kiosk software will no longer unlock the keyboard. After I deposit coins, the screen is unlocked and I can use the mouse... but the keyboard is not working.

If I change user to Admin ("switch user in Windows"), I am able to use the keyboard for all programs EXCEPT the kiosk software.

So right now, I am totally locked out from Administration area of the kiosk software, because it will not unlock the keyboard.

Help! :(
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

How can we fix this?

I have tried to start Windows in "safe mode" an then remove the Kiosk Timer software.

But I get an error that says it could not start windows installer, and the software can not be removed.

Please help.

We need to fix this, because the computer is not usable if we can not type on the keyboard.

:(
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

There are few options, you can try.
1. reboot your PC to see if it still work
2. You can login as a user of administrator and then remove the Kiosk Timer software, and then reinstall if it successfully.
3. You can login as a user of administrator, remove the user account used as auto login and then do the 2.
4. Start Windows in "Safe mode", go to the directory where you installed Kiosk Timer Software and remove the all the files and directory.
Reboot PC to uninstall and reinstall software.
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Thanks. After removing the software, and then re-installing it.. the problem is now fixed and we can use the keyboard again.

Not sure what happened there, but perhaps all the switching between Guest/Admin user might have messed it up?

OK.. it's working properly now.

Thanks.