New kiosk browser not working.. (v3.1)

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
hstraf

New kiosk browser not working.. (v3.1)

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

I have just upgraded to kiosk timer software version 3.7.2 and now the browser is not working.

When it starts, it gives this error:
CreateProcessWithLoginW() Failed with error 5
I think this is related to the Auto-Login requirement, but I do not know what is incorrect.

I have set the kiosk software to Auto-Login for a user that has full administrator privileges. All checkboxes in the AutoLogin settings page are checked.

Is this a bug, or am I not setting it up correctly?
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

I just tried switching the browser to opera, and the same error appears.

In fact, it does not matter what I put into the "auto start" box... it always fails with the same error.

Please let me know. With this new version, the kiosk is not working since the auto-start software can't being.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

As a test, I set the "Auto-Login" to use the Administrator windows user.

But I got the same error.

The first time the computer starts, it fails with a different error number.

"Failed with error 1056"

After that, it always fails with error #5.

I hope this is fixed soon...
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Error 5 is " Access is denied. ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED "
Please check which account you are using, especial the domain which is your computer name or your network domain

And also if it is the logon username is administrative account.

Error 1056 is try to run a service driver twice.
You need to uninstall the old version before install the new version.
make sure to reboot the PC when you change the auto logon
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Administrator wrote:Error 5 is " Access is denied. ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED "
Please check which account you are using, especial the domain which is your computer name or your network domain

Thanks
Hello,

Yes, I believe everything is set correctly. When the computer starts, it automatically logs into the account that is specified in the Auto-Login settings... so it must be correct, right?

The logon username is for an account that has administrative privileges. Yes, I also rebooted the computer eac htime a change is made.

Any other ideas? How can I confirm the "network domain" is correct? I just accepted the defaults that were entered into the screen when it opend, and since it worked (computer auto login works ok), I thought it was correct. Is this not right?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you using "Start->Restart Browser or Game" to start the Browser?
Which version of XP you have (SP1, SP2)?
the domain name is your PC's name or leave it blank if the user account is local PC user account. Can you try change it?
I could not reproduce your problem, even I put the wrong domain name.
Could you please go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services and see how main Coin Services you have. should be only one.
right click the properties and Please send me some screen shot to sales@weavefuture.com
pdm134

Post by pdm134 »

hstraf wrote:
Administrator wrote:Error 5 is " Access is denied. ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED "

Thanks
Hello,

Yes, I believe everything is set correctly. When the computer starts, it automatically logs into the account that is specified in the Auto-Login settings... so it must be correct, right?

The logon username is for an account that has administrative privileges. Yes, I also rebooted the computer eac htime a change is made.

Any other ideas? How can I confirm the "network domain" is correct? I just accepted the defaults that were entered into the screen when it opend, and since it worked (computer auto login works ok), I thought it was correct. Is this not right?
I am having this exact problem, how did you solve it? Thx
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

I am still using the auto-login, but I'm not using the weavefuture browser.. the problem only appears if I use the weavefuture browser.