Keyboard does not work in "production" mode. Help!

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
hstraf

Keyboard does not work in "production" mode. Help!

Post by hstraf »

I am using the latest version: v3.7.4

It was working correctly before.. but now it does not work.

The keyboard works correctly if the timer software is in TEST mode.

But if I change it to "PRODUCTION" mode, then the keyboard does not work. :(

TO RECREATE:

1. Install software in test mode. Set up settings, etc.
2. Change to PRODUCTION mode, and reboot.
3. Now the keyboard does not work.

As you can imagine, this is a big problem. I need a fix, asap. The kiosk is not workable without a keyboard.

I have tried several times to remove the timer software and re-install it, but I don't think it is being fully removed. Here is what I am doing.

1. Restart in Safe Mode.
2. Delete the "Program Files/WeaveFuture Inc." folder.
3. Restart Windows in regular mode.
4. Choose "Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Uninstall weave future software..."
5. There is an error that says all the files could not be removed.
6. Run the .exe file to start the installer program again.
7. After installation, I do a reboot.
8. Now the timer software starts up, but all the previous settings for the software are still there, so I wonder if it is not being uninstalled properly. (ie: The old admin password, and all my settings are still there, even though I deleted the entire WeaveFuture folder...)

Can you please help? This is urgent, since the kiosk is not working without a keyboard.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Could you please make sure that you are using the a user account with administrator privilege. Because of that you could not uninstall the software.

The configuration setting will not be removed when uninstall software since version 3.7.2 as your requested.
However you can use Run->regedit.exe to remove the configuration under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Weavefuture->WeavefutureTimer
You need to make sure you be able to uninstall the software first.

Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

The software is installed on the "Admin" user, which has full administrator privileges.

I will try to remove the registry settings manually and see if that works.

Thanks.
hstraf

Still not working...

Post by hstraf »

OK, I was able to fully remove the software, but the keyboard still does not work after the timer is changed into production mode.

Here are the steps I did to recreate the problem.

First, I removed the timer software:

1. As "Admin" windows user (with full administrative rights), I went to add/remove programs and uninstalled. It popped up a warning that the program was in use, but I clicked "ignore", since there is no other way...

2. After the uninstall, I used regedit to delete the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Weavefuture" entry and everything under it.

3. I rebooted, and then deleted the C:/Program Files/WeaveFuture Inc. folder and everything in it. I also used regedit to remove the registry entry again, since some of it had somehow come back.

4. I rebooted again. The computer starts as normal, and I believe the timer software is gone. There are no weavefuture folders, and no weavefuture registry entries.

Now I installed the time software:

5. I run the installer program, and then reboot.

6. I click the "Administrator" button on timer, and change password. Then I click Administrator again, and login to configuration area.

7. I click the "make changes" checkbox, and click the Kiosk Settings button. I UNCHECK the "Hide desktop, Hide toolbar, and disallwo ctrl-tab options. (The reason is because I need to be able to reboot if it doesn't work...) I click "Do Not Choose" button to remove auto-start of kiosk software. I click the Save button to return back to main configuration area.

8. I click the "Run Kiosk Software in Production" mode, and then click the "Save changes" button. This exits the timer configuration area.

9. Now I click the "START->restart" option in windows, and the computer restarts.

When the computer restarts, I am prompted with the normal "login" box for Windows. I enter the username "Admin", and leave pw blank (since there is no password for this windows user). Please note, that at this point the keyboard IS working correctly.

10. I enter a coin to start timer, and everything works correctly. No problem.

11. I reboot the computer.

Now I configure the Timer software to the settings I need:

12. I enter coings, and click Administrator and enter config area. I click the Kiosk Settings, and then enter "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexporer.exe" into the "autostart" box so that IE is automatically started on coin drop.

13. I CHECK the "reboot PC when timer expire" option.

14. I click the "Save" button and return to main configuration screen.

15. I reboot the computer, and login as Admin user again... (no password). The Timer software automatically starts and continues the previous session with the remaining time displayed in the timer.

16. I click the "Reset Timer" button on the timer, and the computer restarts. Good.

17. Computer comes back up, and the splash page is displayed. I enter a coin to start, and then click "Administrator" to access the configuration area.

18. I click Design Splash, and then click the "Show Central Area Only" checkbox. I click the "Select flash SWF" button and select my file. I "check" the "user picture, flash" radio buton the center area. I click the Save button to return to configuration area.

19. I click the "Save Changes" button. Then I click the "Reset Timer" button on the timer. Computer is auto-rebooted, as expected.

20. Computer starts up, and I enter "Admin" windows user (no password), and the new splash page is displayed. Good.

21. I enter a coin to start the timer software, and the the IE browser starts automatically. The keyboard is now frozen.

:(

So.. there are all the steps I have taken to recreate this problem.

It is very serious, because I am not able to use the timer software with a keyboard that does not work.

Please note, that right up until step #21, the keyboard was working. It worked even to enter the Windows login to start Windows. So, I know for 100% fact that it is the TIMER software that is stopping the keyboard from working.

Not good. Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem.

HERE IS A SPECIAL NOTE:

If I now go back into the configuration area (I can retrieve the admin password from registry without using keyboard), and then change the splash screen back to "use default" radio button, then it works. Upon reboot, and coin drop, the keyboard is working again.

If I change the splash screen to use my own flash file.. then the keyboard does NOT work.

So I think this bug is located in the splash screen area somewhere...

Please let me know what I can do to help resolve this bug.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

After further testing, I have discovered that this keyboard bug occurs if I select anything except the "use default" radio button when configuring the splash page.

So if I select the "Write your own description" option -or- the "Use picture,flash" option.. then the keyboard does not work.

The keyboard will only work if I choose the "Use default" option.

:(

Any ideas what is the problem? What can I do to assist with the fix of this?

Thanks.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The bug has been identified, and will be fixed today or tomorrow.
thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Awesome!

I've been pulling my hair out while trying to figure out the exact problem. :) I think I finally got it figured out to one specific registry setting...

OK, when you have the new version ready, please be sure to post into this thread so I get notified, and I will download and install it to test.

Cheers!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Try this new version 3.7.5. Please let me know if this solve the bug.
http://www.weavefuture.com/download/coi ... mer375.zip
(Please note that the mouse and keyboard no longer need to be locked when time expired, but the user still not able to access computer.
This will be the preparation for further new features in the future.)
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Administrator wrote:Try this new version 3.7.5. Please let me know if this solve the bug.
http://www.weavefuture.com/download/coi ... mer375.zip
Yes! This has fixed the problem. Thank you!

The keyboard is now no longer frozen when money is inserted. :)

Just to let you know (not a problem), but when installing, I selected to keep my old settings, but the installation over-wrote most of them anyway. It only took me a minute or two to put everything back.. but you might want to check and make sure the "preserve original settings" option is working correctly.

Also, I noticed that now the mouse is able to be moved, even when the splash screen is displayed (no money inserted). This is ok, except that I am using a flash splashscreen, and so it is possible to "right-click" and then open the flash settings. The problem is that then it is not possible to click to close them.. so what happens is that the customer who is "playing around" is able to open the flash control settings, and this covers up the flash splashscreen since it can't be removed without inserting a coin.

Is it possible to disable the mouse while the splashscreen is being displayed?

Cheers!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The optional to disable mouse when time expired will be fixed in a few days.
Thanks