How to upgrade Kiosk software?

Questions about our products
hstraf

How to upgrade Kiosk software?

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

I am currently using Kiosk Software version 3.83. I have downloaded and tried to install the new version 3.9 software.

However, when I go through the installation I am prompted that I must close the "Weavefuture Coin Op Internet Kiosk Time" program before I can continue.

How do I do this? What is the correct process to upgrade the Kiosk software?

Thanks.
Administrator

Re: How to upgrade Kiosk software?

Post by Administrator »

1. Please uninstall the old software version first.
2. reboot
3. download and install the new version.
4. do configuration, test.
5. reboot.
thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

If I uninstall current version, will I lose all of the configuration?

:shock:

Also, what is the proper way to uninstall the software in this case?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

You may lost some configurations, but it is correct way to do the upgrade.
You can make some screen shot of your configurations and save them somewhere in case you forget your configuration. It may only take about 5-10 minutes to do the reconfiguration. :)

thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

It would be nice if you can save the configuration information in registry or .ini file or something so that it is not lost when doing an upgrade.

For example, when uninstalling you could ask user if we want to leave current configuration files or totally remove EVERYTHING. Then we can choose to leave .ini or registry configuration options, so that they are still there when the new version is installed, and we do not need to completely redo everything.

Thanks.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Or.. another idea is that you can add an "export current configuration options" button.

When this is pressed, the software will prompt to save all the configuration options to a .ini file or something. Then we can copy this file to a safe place (or another computer that we are setting up) and IMPORT it into the software.

:)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Great suggestion. we may add the export and import configuration in the future version.
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

Did you create the export/import feature yet? I am trying to upgrade now, and I don't see any ability to export current settings.

The inability to easily upgrade without losing many of our settings is a major disadvantage of using this software...

:(
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Sorry, this feature have not implemented yet, we are working on a brand new version 4.0, so this feature is delayed and will be available in the version after version 4.0 .