A counter for the inserted money!!

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
UfukD

A counter for the inserted money!!

Post by UfukD »

Hi

I am very pleased with your software. The only thing it lacks is a counter for the inserted money, otherwise when i empty the money box of the internet kiosk i have to sort the money and count it. Can't you put in a counter for that?

thnx
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

There are daily Log files about the money inserted information in the [Installed Software Directory]/logs/ directory.
It is can be open by Microsoft Excel.
You can also be able to set up to receive these files by email.
The log file format as following .
Coin ID,Minutes per coin,dropped date time
2,60.00,:2007/02/28 17:30:05
1,30.00,:2007/02/28 22:09:35
1,30.00,:2007/02/28 22:40:26
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

why not a total of the coins dropped?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The reasons:
1. The file is keep undated when the new coin dropped. The total will change all the time.
2. The configuration of minutes map to coin or token is configurable, so only the person do the configuration knows how to come up the money in total.
Because the file can be opened in Excel, it is very easy to total it yourself by using Microsoft Excel
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Hi

I opened the log file but i am confused on how i can know the money that went in the kiosk?

The log file doesn't mention the value of the dropped coin, it mentions only a coin id, like:

I cannot take the sum of the id's? If the values were mentioned then i could take the sum in excel, now i can't. It is very simple though to keep the total amount, the software only has to keep in a file the sum like:

Begin 0, every coin id is attached to a coin value in the software, so when the software detects which coin is dropped, it takes the value of the coin and adds it to the value in the file and saves it. Then you should integrate the total amount in the software, where we could reset it when the kiosk is emptied. Shouldn't be so difficult i think?

regards
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Yes, you have very good idea, but we have to add extra column for money mapping coin ID in the future version in order to total the accurate amount of money. The current coin ID is only attach to minutes not real amount of money. We will add this in the future version.

Please note that the second column in the log file is minutes, you can sum this up and divided by how much money per minutes for your temporary usage.

thank your very much for your input.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Hi

Thank you for the responses. I want to add something else to my suggested idea. Can you add an option to your software then, so that we can specify the place where that file is going to be saved. This because i'm using deepfreeze to protect the partition where windows and weavefuture is installed. If we can't specify the place then the file will be always reset to it's original state when the computer resets, this because of deepfreeze. I want to save that file on another partition.

thanks in advance
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

We can add the feature in the future version, I think some developer might also want to use this total as input to develop their own application.
Thanks
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

i saw on the homepage that 3.7.5 is released, what is new in that release besides usb ak5 support? are there important changes or just minor bug fixes?

by the way, i hope the counter is made very soon, because that's the only thing i miss in your software, the rest is very good working, i love the AK5 and weavefuture for it's simplicity and stability, please make the counter soon, i will by dozens of AK5's i promise :D
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

It not big change. If you happy with 3.7.4, you do not need upgrade
1 it support AK5-USB which is used for computer does not have com port (serial port)
2. it fixed some bugs when the user setup auto logon, only some customers prefer that.
3. It fixed bugs on Weavefuture Kiosk Browser.

As you mentioned that the counter for total is important, so we will try to add that feature as soon as possible.
thanks
Last edited by Administrator on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

UfukD wrote:Can you add an option to your software then, so that we can specify the place where that file is going to be saved. This because i'm using deepfreeze to protect the partition where windows and weavefuture is installed.
I am also useing deepfreeze for my kiosk, and it works great. The only "problem" has been that now the coin counter excel file does not work since it gets "reset" whenever the computer reboots.

I agree that it would be nice if we could specify the location of the counter excel file. :)

Thanks!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Thanks for your inputs, we will add these features in the future version.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

hi

i saw today that a new version, 3.7.6, is released. I'm assuming that the counter is still not done yet, because i don't see it in the text with the changes.

When can we expect a counter?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The counter will be done on next release,
There are lots of changes need to done for the counter.
Thanks
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.7.7 released
1. It support Windows Vista
2. It add total money counter in the email log files.