How to clean history, close windows when timer expires??

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
UfukD

How to clean history, close windows when timer expires??

Post by UfukD »

Hi

I know this can be done but how? I tried several things, but i find it rather complicated to configure. Can you explain how we should configure the timer so when the timer expires that the timer can clean history, close all open internet explorer windows??

regards

Ufuk
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

You need to add these programs or games into timers.
For IE history, you need to setup in IE or use other softwares if you are not using Weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browser.
Thanks
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

where in IE can i setup that it should delete the temporary files and the history on exit of IE?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

IE is out of our software's control and support, that is why we developed the Weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browser.
Following is some instructions for IE as our best knowledge, try it on you own risk.

If you share your computer with others and/or are concerned about privacy, here's how to partially disable Internet Explorer 6 or 7's history functionality. Note that I said 'partially'. Internet Explorer 6 or 7 will still remember websites you have visited today; it will clear such sites tomorrow, and so forth.

read the instructions below.
1. Click the "Tools" menu selecting "Internet Options".

2. When the multi-tabbed "Internet Options" dialog box appears, click the "General" tab.

3. Underneath "Browsing history" click the "Settings" button.

4. A "Temporary Internet Files and History Settings" dialog box will appear. Next to "Days to keep pages in history" enter "0".

5. Click "OK" on the dialog boxes to close them.

A History setting of 0 days stored will clear all entries on logoff.
before applying the regedit, you need to ensure that the history has been cleared; and if you have browsed to any web pages in between clearing history and applying the regedit, you will need to clear the history again
following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

In addition to history, IE keeps track of typed URLs within the address bar. To prevent this from being tracked, You had to change permissions on the following registry keys to denied for the user:
If the cached addresses are still listed in the Address box in Internet Explorer, use the following steps:
1. Quit Internet Explorer.
2. Delete all of the values except for the (Default) value from the

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions\NoBrowserOptions
to block the internet options menu in explorer (6.0)

You may also disables use of separate cookies folder, cookies are now only saved to TIF-folder.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Cookies]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00000200
"CachePrefix"="NoCookie:"

Completly disables IE's history function. (Doesn't kill last 25 typed urls list)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\History]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00000200
"CachePrefix"="NoVisited:"

You can also control size of History and Cookies folder, in Windows XP minium size is 200 (512kB), may be 0 size will kill all urls list, but we never try it. Let us know result if you try this on your own risk :D

We may add these in the future version.