Add red X to top right of timer window to reset timer.

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
hstraf

Add red X to top right of timer window to reset timer.

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

Is it possible to add a red X to the top right corner of the timer window?

If customer presses the X then the popup should display to ask for confirmation that they want to logout, stop timer, etc.

(Ie: It should have the same action as if they selected the "Reset Timer to 0" option from the start menu.)

Also, If you add this feature, then you should remove the "Reset Timer to 0" item from the start menu.

I think it makes more sense to have the red X in the top right corner, because this is how to close ALL windows programs, and is more intuitive to the customer then selecting "Start" to close.

We are finding that what happens is that when customer is finished, they are just leaving the computer without closing or resetting the timer. So next customer has free time...

Perhaps if there is a normal red X in the timer window, they will be more likely to click it to "close" the timer.

I hope that makes sense. :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

this is good idea,
We will move "Reset Timer to 0" add a "Logoff" button after timer, this will be more explicit than just red "X" in the top right corner ASAP.
"Reset Timer to 0" item from the start menu will be optional, since other customer need it.
thanks
clem

Post by clem »

Personally I'd like to see the timer remain as it is. I am running an internet kiosk, with no other games or anything, all they can do is use the internet. I have the timer fixed in the top left corner, with the start button partially hidden - my customers don't need to use it. Personally we don't have any real problem with people leaving a lot of credit on the machine, and even if they did, they wouldn't neccessarily use a logoff button. Plus, if the next customer gets a few minutes for free anyway, it might get them into it, to put more money in.

My suggestion for the timer window would be to have the items on the start button just come up on a complex keystroke - say crtl-alt-f6, which you could call at any time, but need to put the admin password in to access the turn off, restart or admin menu. Maybe this could be an option?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I will make the "log off" button optional, so everybody will be happy.
thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Thanks. If you add the ability to run a custom file after timer expires, then we can probably make this work with our own script or something.

(ie: We can create a batch file or program that closes all open applications and logs out the user. Then we can set this batch file to run whenever timer expires...)
Administrator

optional to run a custom file after timer expires

Post by Administrator »

optional to run a custom file after timer expires can be done in next release.
Thanks
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.7.1 quick fix
for weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browsers' "@" input
1. fix the "@", which could not input when the special key disabled.
2. add optional "Reset Timer" button.
3. The Timer will extend its width to remind user insert more money
4. It can change how many seconds the timer start to sound alarm or extends its width to remind customer insert more money, default is 30 seconds now.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The "Reset Timer" is replaced with "X" since version 3.7.7