timer closing programs

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
clem

timer closing programs

Post by clem »

I'm not sure what mechanism the timer software uses to close programs when the timer expires, but the program I'm using (opera) has a problem when it is closed by the kiosk software. It thinks that it has crashed, and starts up with a warning sceeen next time telling me that opera has terminated unexpectedly. Would it be possible for the weavefuture timer software to close the programs properly? I have no idea how to do this, I was hoping you might know how to do this.

Thanks
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I guess the warning is related to application itself. Some applications show warning when it is close by system, some do not.
The Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer will close the application by send standard windows Quit message to close the application.
I think the problem related to the recent version of Opera, which has to be closed by itself, otherwise it will show warning.
This is also happened to its cousin FireFox. You will see the warning of restore session when you logoff Windows without close the FireFox First.
You can try to find if there is any options to disable the warning of Opera.
Thanks
clem

Post by clem »

Thanks for your reply -

I've worked out that it is possible to disable the warning in opera kiosk mode - it's the nosplash key. The real problem was that it was loading the previous session rather than the home page, which I wanted. I discovered that I can make the saved sessions file in the profile folder of opera read-only, and it will start from the home page. If anyone else is thinking of using Opera with the coin acceptor I can say that it works well. It's jsut a matter of adjusting the settings in kioskmode till you get the required setup.

Thanks again for your reply