Kiosktimer v3

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
clem

Kiosktimer v3

Post by clem »

Hi -

I've been trying out the version 3 release of the kiosk timer. The main issue I'm having is that although I have all the suggested security features checked - such as hide desktop, hide taskbar, hide start menu and the like, when the computer initially boots up, all those things will be visible. If I go into the administative setting then immediately they will all be hidden. But i would like them all to be hidden when the system boots. As a suggestion, I think it would also be good if we could disable the right click context menu on the timer window. This would mean that the user would not be able to change anything. Perhaps leaving the administrative setting - passowrd protected of course. In my experience, if you give the users any chance to change any setting, such as silent alarm, or resetting the machine, they will. And then they'll complain when it resets! Also, one change on the 2.3 version seems to be that, because you can't see the timer window when the splash screen is on, the administrator has to put money in to make changes. This isn't really a big deal, but is a bit annoying.

I'll keep testing and let you know of any more issues I have.

Many thanks for the new release.

Clem

One more thing - when changing the pictures on the splash screen, the save button isn't visible on my resolution (1024x768). I had to change the resolution to much higher to see the button and save the changes.

Sorry, should have put my system details in - Celeron 2.4ghz, 256mb ram, running windows 2000
Administrator

version 3.2

Post by Administrator »

the new version 3.2 will be available this week.
1. Thank your very much for spending time to test our product and provide lots of suggestions.
2. suggested security features will be fixed in version 3.2
3. right click context menu on the timer window will be disable in version 3.2
4. silent alarm will be move into other configuration window in version 3.2
5. resetting timer will add warning pop up, so customer can choose to continue or cancel. this feature is useful because some customer may want to leave early and he can reset his time to 0 to close the session. Also it will bring more revenue when it is available for another customer to use it.
this is will be fix in version 3.2
6. But some people want that the administrator has to put money in order to make changes. We will find way to make it configuration in the future version 3.3
7. the splash design window will be made smaller for resolution (1024x768) in version 3.2
thank
Administrator

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.2 released

Post by Administrator »

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.2 released
1. It includes all the above changes in this release.
2. it has Kiosk Auto Logon ( can close all the programs when timer expire. Reboot PC with logon)