USB / Serial adapter cable is not good quality..

If you have any discover some bugs when you try our software or when you are in operation, please let us know. Please describe the symptom as detail as possible. Thanks!
hstraf

USB / Serial adapter cable is not good quality..

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

I recently purchased the USB/Serial adapter for the AK5 coin machine... and to be honest, I'm not impressed with the quality of the device.

There are three very small wires between the USB adapter and the plugin into the Ak5 coin acceptor... and two of them have broken at the point where they attach to the coin acceptor. This is very annoying. I did not excessively manipulate these wires to cause them to break.

Also, the USB adapter is contained inside a very big plastic case, and does not fit into a USB slot if there are any other USB devices beside it. My computer has four USB ports all close together.. and I can't plug anything else in if I plug in this USB/Serial adapter.

The "solution" is to somehow fix the adapter to the AK5 coin accepter unit itself, and then use a USB extension cable to plug it into the computer.

The problem is that there is no way to easily attach the USB/Serial device to the coin acceptor. :(

(There are no screw mouting points, and if I use Zip straps, then the coin acceptor doesn't work since the straps interfere with operation.)

I ended up using double sided tape.. which I think is not really very good solution... so I am writing to let you know that this usb/serial device needs a bit of "work" to make it usable without requiring your customer to be a handy-man.

Thanks!
Administrator

Re: USB / Serial adapter cable is not good quality..

Post by Administrator »

We will have new USB board and it will be available in few days as soon as we finished the software development.
The new board will be fully covered, and it will have about 1 meter USB cable to connect to PC.
hstraf

Re: USB / Serial adapter cable is not good quality..

Post by hstraf »

That would be perfect.