Timer box question

Questions about our products
clem

Timer box question

Post by clem »

Hi,

I'm using the weavefuture ak5 coin acceptor and have the internet kiosk timer 2.3 software. I have a few questions.
1) Is it possible to anchor the timer box (window) in the corner, so the customer can't move it about
2) Can I make it so the timer window cannot be stretched - some of our customers are making it huge, covering half the screen.
3) When the computer starts and there is no coin credit, only the little timer window appears - I'd like the large screen with the coin cost information to appear at startup.
4) is it possible to make moving the mouse when there is no credit take the computer out of screen saver mode - at the moment if the screen saver is running the customer has to put money in to get back to the coin drop instruction screen.

Other than these small things, I think yours is a great product - I have it running well. Although when I use the Linux boot cd it boots OK, but will not detect the ak5 coin acceptor. It doesn't detect coin drops at all. Works fine in windows XP though
Administrator

new version 3.0 will comming soon.

Post by Administrator »

Thank your so much for letting us know what you are thinking about our products. We will put your request to this new version.
1. This is very good point, we will make this configurable for new version
2. We will make the timer window cannot be stretched. We thought this is good feature and especial made some efforts to implement it. We will remove this feature in the new version.
3. This is also good point. We notice it before, but we did not pay attention to it. This will be fixing in the new version.
4. This has been planed in the new version. The mouse will be movable.

What are the main features about the coming (In few weeks) new version 3.0?
1. Customers (AK5 buyers) can add their own Logo and description about the coin insert information or their own companies' description in the start up screen
2. Customers (AK5 buyers) can optionally put more applications (like games) on the start up screen for user to play after insert the coin.
We will look into the Linux CD version after this version 3.0 release.
clem

Version 3

Post by clem »

Thanks for your quick reply,

Those improvements would be great - it will be good to be able to customise the text in the in the start screen. i think if it were possible it might be good if the start page is a html page stored locally on the users hard drive which could be totally customised it the user wanted to. Though I'm not sure if this would be possible. At the moment I'm only using one terminal, and the start screen says the computer ID is 1, which doesn't make much sense, as there is only one PC.

Regarding anchoring the timer window, it would also be good if I could tell the program where to put the box - for example - top left, top right or bottom left or right corners. At the moment as the box defaults to the top right on start-up, so I've had to customise the browser so that the timer window doesn't hide anything important.

I'm using the free internet browser Opera in its kiosk mode, enabled the address bar and the browser buttons, and it works quite well. It is very customisable. I'm not calling the program from the timer software however, as it seemed to be opening a new instance of the software any time someone dropped a coin, without closing the previous opera session when the last money ran out. Is this supposed to happen, or should the weavefuture coin meter close the program when the money runs out.

I just have opera set to run on start-up, and reset to the home page after 5 minutes of inactivity, so when someone else uses the browser it will have reset back to the home page. It seems to work pretty well, but I'm in an early stage - I'll let you know how I get on when the public has been using it for a while

thanks
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1. We will consider to use HTML as start page in the future version. We have another product Internet Cyber Cafe self service Payment System and it support for multiple PCs. The "computer ID is 1" shows if you have download and evaluate the Internet Cyber Cafe self service Client before. It share some code of the Coin Op internet cafe kiosk Timers. We will fix this in this version.
2. The timer can be configured to fix on any position on the screen in the coming release.
3. Only the program calling from the timer software can be closed when last money runs out. So you can configure it to run your Opera Browser from timer. We bundled free Weavefuture Public Internet Kiosk Browser with it. You can change its default page now. It is support all the futures of Internet explore.
4. You have a great idea, I glad to hear it from you. You also can post how you did it here, so other use also benefit from your works.
Thanks
Administrator

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.3 released

Post by Administrator »

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.3 released
It will include the above features.
http://www.weavefuture.com/download/coi ... etimer.zip