Timer should "blink" when only x seconds remain.

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
hstraf

Timer should "blink" when only x seconds remain.

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

We do not have speakers connected to our computer that is using the kiosk software, so the user is sometimes surprised when the timer expires.

(ie: If they are not paying attention, or perhaps too occupied with what they are doing..)

Is it possible to make the countdown timer "flash" (blink) when X seconds remain?

The idea is that when there are perhaps 60 seconds left, the timer will blink just a little bit (slow, once per second). And then when there are perhaps 10 seconds left the timer will change to blink rapidly to show it is very close to expiry.

For example, in the administrator settings area you could add two new settings:

---------
Timer should blink slowly when [_] seconds remain and blinkrapidly when when [_] seconds remain.
---------

Slow blink = 1 blink every second.
Rapid blink = 5 blinks every second (to get user attention!)

Thanks!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

this is good idea, we may add it int the future version (most likely version 4.0)
currently it should sound alarm when the timer expire in 20 second,
Please check if your sound of your computer works or not. You can test the Sound Alarm in Administrator windows.
Let me know if you still have problem.
thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

Yes, the sound works. The problem is that our internet kiosk does not have any speakers connected. :) There are headphones, but usually the customer does not wear them if they are just surfing the internet or working on a document, etc..

In this situation, it would be good to "notify" them of the pending time by blinking the timer countdown.

I hope that makes sense.

No problem to wait until version 4.0

I hope I am not "overloading" you with too many suggestions. After we installed the software and used it for a little bit, I have written down many ideas and "wish list" to make the software perfect.

Thanks!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I will add a quick feature better than blink, it will enlarge the time 2 times bigger in width and length then reduct its original size every 1-2 seconds.
for the last 20 seconds when timer is expiring. It will be on next release version 3.8.
Thanks
clem

Post by clem »

This sounds like a good idea - our timer seems to only make the alarm noise with 10 seconds to go. Seems that it needs to be longer, to give them time to put money in - I see people who get the alarm and then don't get the money in in time and lose their session - they then usually give up.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.7.1 quick fix
for weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browsers' "@" input
1. fix the "@", which could not input when the special key disabled.
2. add optional "Reset Timer" button.
3. The Timer will extend its width to remind user insert more money
4. It can change how many seconds the timer start to sound alarm or extends its width to remind customer insert more money, default is 30 seconds now.