A counter for the inserted money!!

Any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Hi

Thank you for listening to us and "trying" to integrate some of our suggestions and ideas, like this counter. I'm sorry you made an effort maybe but the counter is not very handy/usefull.

Now in the logs it says for example:
Coin ID, minutes per coin, dropped date time, money value, total money value
3,12.00,2007/11/9 15:05:04,0.00,6.00
1,48.00,2007/11/9 15:05:08,2.00,8.00

Now, what does this all mean? We don't need this at all, all this information. All that we need is a number of the total money that is put into the kiosk since the last time it's emptied. That brings me to that, how are we going to reset this counter (which this is not, this is just a log which is buggy also!!).

In the example above you can see coin id 3, which stands for 12 minutes of internet at my kiosk, we can see the time and date, that's ok, but then we see 0.00 which should be 0.50, as far as i now this is a bug, then we come to the last part of the line, which says 6.00, this should be the total according to you, well it's not right. for 2 euro's and 1 euro's it works ok and adds up right, but for the cents it doesn't work right.

anyway besides that all, how can we reset this now? plus it's much too complicated to go to the logs everytime and then extract the right info from that log in order to know the total amount that went into the kiosk.

let me explain again:
1. your program should hold a file where in it, it should keep (at the beginning) 0 as total. So when i put in for example 2 euro's, it should add up 0 + 2 = 2, and save that to the file, so the number in the file is 2 as total, so when someone throws in 0.50 cent, 0.50 + 2 = 2.50 is the total in the file, and so on and so on... until the end of the month or whenever the kiosk holder decides, he can open that file and see only the relevant total amount that he needs, and you can also very easily assign a button in the user interface of your software where the kiosk holder can reset this total amount in this file to 0 by just clicking a RESET button. you can also integrate this all in the main window of your software, in administrative window for example so the kiosk holder won't even have to open the file itself but just the administrative window in order to know how much money is in the kiosk.

Hope i was clear enough this time. Please don't understand this all wrong, i'm not upset or mispleased, i'm very satisfied with you product, but this counter issue is very critical in my business. I'm just trying to help you.

Some customers of mine are requesting for the key of the kiosk, so they can get some coins to use in their business (mostly cafes) when they need it, if i can give them the key of the kiosk, i must have secure and easy system by which i can know at the end of the month how much money was thrown in the kiosk, so i can make my calculations right. You understand? For now i'm using another brand of kiosksoftware and hardware for these customers, but i find your product better. I told you before, if you can arrange this counter i will only work with your products, this will mean that i will buy much more of you.

I hope i didn't hurt any feelings. But time is money in this business, hope you will understand :)

Good luck, see ya.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

We could not reproduce the calculation bug you mentioned.
You need to reboot your PC after you make the changes for this money value feature total count feature.
Please also make sure Coin ID 3 's money value is 0.5, but not other value or wrong format.
We will have a total money count on the administrator windows with a reset button in the release 3.7.7.1, still show 3.7.7 on website.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Last edited by Administrator on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

maybe it's because of the format of the numbers, in Belgium we use the , for decimals, like 0,50

in north america this is maybe the . and not he , for decimals, maybe that's why it didn't recognize the numbers, anyway i'm still trying some stuff.

there is a small bug, but i will open a post under the bugs section for that.

c ya
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

You should use the 0.5 not 0,50
There is quick fix release 3.7.7.1 which still show 3.7.7 on website released.
1. it has a total money count on the administrator windows with a reset button. :D
2. the other bug single splash window is also fixed.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

ok,

so now we have a counter that works :) thank you very much

now can we enhance that function :)

i don't know where or how you keep that total, i'm guessing through the logs that the timer keeps, but can you build in a function where we can choose ourself where the timer saves that log?

this because i'm using Deepfreeze software on my kiosks, that software keeps all the changes made during the use of the kiosk, and rolls that back when the computer is restarted, so every time it starts up it's clean without viruses or whatever.

This means that the log is also reset evertime to it's original state. If you can build in a function so that we can save the log file on the D: driver instead of the C: driver, this little problem is solved forever.

So if you can do that than we're hooked :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The total money count is saved in the windows registry.
It would not change until you reset it from the kiosk software.
I am not sure if the deep freeze change windows registry or not.
The log file directory need to be implement in the future version, because it is complicated the email function. the integrated with email function and email function need to find the log files without any problem.
This may take a while to implement, however we will try to implement it as soon as possible.
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

The deepfreeze software will reset the registery every time the computer reboots.

What is needed is to save the data into a text file in a location where we (kiosk admin) can choose. (ie: D:\some\location\data.txt)

Thanks.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

hi,

i have a problem with the latest release, 3.7.8.1

in the versions before i installed deepfreeze without problems and use it. In this version i install also without problems but i can't use it, the problem is that the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6 combination isn't working anymore. In the releases before it worked fine, now when i install the timer and set all my settings right, install deepfreeze, restart, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6, set password for deepfreeze and restart again, i can't use the combination to get into the deepfreeze console, it's like the timer blocks it as it was CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Can you maybe put in an exception in the next release for the combination CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6? That is the standard combination for the deepfreeze console and is needed very much.

Also another bug is that the timer doesn't appear on the place where i fix it. The versions before was this not a problem. I fix the timer on the middel top of the screen, save, restart, but the timer still appears on it's standard position, left bottom of the screen.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1 For the CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F6, we suggest to do as following:
Start->Administrator->Kiosk Settings uncheck the disable all special keys.
then you can use the "CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F6", Please check it again after you finish using "CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F6"
Please remember that you make it easy for you to use then leave more holes for attackers.

2 We will check the timer fix problem, in the mean times, make sure it not because the deep freeze reset the it setting. I am not sure if it is possible to leave partial registry setting not reset in deep freeze.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Hi

I have a question, the F-keys (F1,F2,...), are those also special keys? Are they blocked too when we check "block special keys"? I would like to exclude them from the blocked special keys, how can i do this?

This because, i installed a game on some kiosk that require the use of the F-keys. Users are complaining that they can't use them. But i don't want the other special keys unlocked.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Yes, these key are blocked, because these can can be used in some program to gain access to your computer and we could not predict.
We may add feature to make the blocked key configurable in the future version.
Most games can reset the special keys to other keys. You may be able to reset these game's F-key to other key for now.

thanks
fade

Post by fade »

hstraf wrote:
UfukD wrote:Can you add an option to your software then, so that we can specify the place where that file is going to be saved. This because i'm using deepfreeze to protect the partition where windows and weavefuture is installed.
I am also useing deepfreeze for my kiosk, and it works great. The only "problem" has been that now the coin counter excel file does not work since it gets "reset" whenever the computer reboots.

I agree that it would be nice if we could specify the location of the counter excel file. :)

Thanks!

Hi!

I'm having the same problem here becouse of deepfreeze.
If you could do that would be very nice (i could leave the sefe box key in the cafe to exchange coins)

There is another issue i would like to ask.

If there is some hardware problem and the pc reboots when it starts timer will be with the same counter. (with deepfreeze it doesn't hapen)

I already tried to instal software in a diferent partition (no deepfreeze) and still doesn gets the time back.

So i supose that, that information stays in windows partition.

Can you do that? It would really be a great system...

By the way! I've just testing my first AK5 and i'm very happy with it.

You really made a great job here.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

the time and money information are saved in the windows registry.
you need to make your deepfreeze leave that partial of registry not reset.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

it cannot be done in deepfreeze to say that it should leave out some file or folder the deepfreeze.

Microsoft has a free program for winxp, it's called SteadyState. It's just like deepfreeze but with more options to leave out folders or files for example, but i couldn't get it working :? microsoft bullsh*t!!

deepfreeze is just the best.

How is it coming with those F-keys? :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

We are working on the F-Key. it will be available soon.