Very interested in...& I have lots Qs...please!

Questions about our products
ake

Very interested in...& I have lots Qs...please!

Post by ake »

Hi..

I am interested in your self service payment system, and I have questions...

- What if my customer wants to print his email, how this thing works to charge them.
- And in case they wants to have a receipt can this be configured to be printed on a separate machine.
- Will it have its own billing software?
- If one guest like to extend his time, and it happens the other guest is also about to do the same too, now how's the system recognize whose coins for which client?
- When the guests finished using the computer, can it be configured so the windows will restart?
- I have universal coin acceptor can I purchase the system without it (also adapter, serial or USB cable if any) to safe on shipping.

These are all questions I can think of for now and I'd like to order the AK5 core system... (but without the coin acceptor too) so I gues just the module, is that possible? If yes, how to proceed.

Thanks a lot and looking forward for your reply.

Regards,
Ake
Indonesia
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1. there is feature in the software, you can charge customer for printing by page.
2. Because this is self service system, we do not have receipt printing in order to save the cost. We can give you customized version for connect receipt print, but it will be expensive.
3. The software is free with hardware purchase.
4. There is number on each client PC,PC ID, he need to know this PC ID of client PC he is using and then select the this PC ID on the payment station and drop the money to pay it.
5. Yes, you can configured to restart windows.
6. The hardware is tightly integrated together and it is hard to separate, but you can order it without coin box. ($90 less) and also save on shipping.

thanks
ake

Post by ake »

Thanks Admin, I got more Qs here;

1. Can't really see the detail of the payment station's picture on your web but
...and then select the this PC ID on the payment station and drop the money to pay it...
so I assume there is a key keypad/touchpad or something to come with it?
2. Is the "Bill operated for multiple Computers" also comes with coin acceptor?
3. Will it accept my country's note? If not, any suggestion in case I have to provide my own bill acceptor?
4. Is your coin acceptor accepts my country's coin?
5. Does client get noticed when his time almost up, like... 5 minutes, 1 minute ... windows pop up, flashing or anything and can we set this?
6. I like to see some statistic to learn the guess pattern, does it have it? Maybe like how many customers, hours, the most hours, everage hours, busiest time etc.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Ake
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

1. there is one small button close to the LED display. When you press it, it change the available PC ID, which stand for the client PC that has been connected to the Server.
2. The default "Bill operated for multiple Computers" does not comes with coin acceptor.
3. No, you country's bill notes need special order. you can replace the coin acceptor with your own bill acceptor if it is pulse output.
4. Yes, the coin acceptor accepts your country's coin. you also can replace with your own coin acceptor if it is pulse output.
5. When it client run into 30 seconds, the timer will flash and sound alarm to notify customer. you can change it 30 seconds to any other value.
6. There are daily log files created in the log directory, it is can be open in Excel or load into other software to do the analysis. It can also be setup to send these log file to your designated email address.
We suggest spend time on expanded location instead of over analyzed data in one locations. The more revenue will created when you have more locations.
You business will have advertising revenue (it may be more valuable than the collected money) when the number of locations reach certain level.

thanks.
ake

Post by ake »

Thanks.

I'm a also running 2 other public internet and it's how I got them expanded by learning the guess habit.

- What's the special order price we are talking bout?
- Do you take Bank TT?

Regards,
Ake
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The special order depends on your requirement,
You can send to us your detail requirement, so we can give you some estimate.
We also take Bank T/T or western union money transfer.
Please send us your order to sales@weavefuture.com, so we can send you the informations.
Thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

- When the guests finished using the computer, can it be configured so the windows will restart?
I use this auto-reboot function for our internet kiosk, however we have found that it is a little buggy.

Sometimes the timer "freezes" with 0 seconds remaining, and the customer is able to continue using the computer until an employee notices the problem and then must physically reboot the computer.

This problem occurs about 1 in every 25 customers.

You can read about this bug here (including a suggested fix):

http://forum.weavefuture.com/viewtopic.php?t=802

(I believe the problem is actually caused when Windows itself gets messed up, and when the timer software sends the reboot command, Windows does not process it. However, I think that this problem should be addressed by the timer software, since there must be a way to reboot the computer when timer expires, even if it requires running a cable from the coin accepter to the motherboard.)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

We really could not reproduce the problem you have.
Please make sure you use the same user account which the software is installed.
The windows XP's own switch user account feature does have some problem to close the program.
We will add another feature in the next release.
it will close all the programs opened from the weavefuture timer after the time out.
Hope it will help.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

In an effort to try and find this problem, we completely reformatted the disk drive, re-installed Windows, and then reinstalled the kiosk timer software.

The problem exists even after that.

(Yes, we installed the software using the same "admin" user that is set to auto-login for the timer software.)

Thanks. :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Do you use Windows XP, SP1, or SP2?
Please also indicate the version of our software you are using.
We will try our best to reproduce the problem.
thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

The kiosk is using Windows XP with all service packs and updates installed.

The problem is not consistant. It occurs about one time out of every 25 people who use the kiosk.

It is strange, because we are using the "deepfreeze" software, so the configuration of the computer is exactly the same every time it reboots.

This means that whatever is causing the problem is initiated by the customer who is running some kind of program or doing something that prevents the Windows reboot command from working.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Does the "deepfreeze" software have to be run at background?
Could you try not use "deepfreeze" software and see if it is the reason?
We will have new feature in the next release, which will close all the programs when it run or configured from Coin Op Internet Cafe Kiosk Game Timer software, so you do not need auto logon to shutdown all the running program.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

yes, we have tried it with and without the deepfreeze software, and it has no effect. (The problem occurs with and without deepfreeze installed.)

I'm not sure if closing all the programs will fix the problem, because I think it is actually Windows itself that gets messed up when the reboot command is issued. For some reason Windows is not able to process the command. (ie: When this problem occurs, we can't reboot the computer even if we click the Start->Reboot option.)

I agre that it is worth trying to issue the "close all programs" command, as you have suggested.

However, I think if that does not work, a possible suggestion is to run an additional service beside the timer software that checks the status of the timer. If the timer is at 0:01 (or below) seconds for longer then 2 seconds, then the keyboard and mouse are locked, and a message is displayed to contact the system administrator for assistance, or to manually hit the power/reset button.

This way, even if the timer software stops, the user is not able to continue using the computer...
ake

Post by ake »

This issue would be critical for an unattended public Internet. I hope this resolved on the next release.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

I agree.. however... it only occurs about once every 25 customers, and from what I understand there are no other people who have experienced this problem.

(So I don't consider it really urgent... it results in the occasional "lost" revenue, but it's not very much.)

:)