Urgent problem with timer!!!

Questions about our products
UfukD

Urgent problem with timer!!!

Post by UfukD »

Hi

Today I was at one of the cafe's where my kiosks are working. The cafe owner told me that he caught he teenager using the kiosks without the timer, the teenager had found a way to disable the timer.

The cafe owner said that he had scared!!! :twisted: the kid into telling how he did it. The kid even wrote it on a paper I have in my hands now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you please have a look at this?

Thank you
Administrator

Re: Urgent problem with timer!!!

Post by Administrator »

You should not let customer download any program and run it to your PC, this not only can use computer without virus but also can spread virus in your PC.
This can be disable by enable all the kiosk setting in the timer for your PC.
I am not sure if the Deep Freeze can also have preventing the download and run the files.
We will try to add some features of Deep Freeze in the future version.
UfukD

Post by UfukD »

Deepfreeze is only a active backup program. It returns the computer to the stage wen deepfreeze is installed, clean and without viruses. If I disable any option for downloading and installing programs, people will complain about this, because I can't (don't) install all programs that people can use, for example, not everyone uses yahoo messenger, most people use msn messenger, so I don't install yahoo messenger on every kiosk. Sometimes people come that want to use yahoo messenger, so they download it, install it and use it. After a restart yahoo messenger is gone then because of deepfreeze, anyway this is just a example, like yahoo messenger there are dozens of programs that people can use that I don't know, by letting the option open for them to download and install any program I give them the chance to use my kiosks.

I don't know how we can fix this issue.

Anyway, for now the kid will not come back any soon :) the owner of the cafe told me that he almost harrassed the kid so he's sure he won't use the method again. :twisted: offcourse this is not the good way to solve the problem :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

If you left the door open for customer to download and install applications, then there is no way to prevent them to do harm thing to your PC.
We just pray that all the people using your PC are good people. :), most people are honest anyway. :)