problem and suggestion coin swallowing AK5

Questions about our products
UfukD

problem and suggestion coin swallowing AK5

Post by UfukD »

Hi

For over a year I'm using your products now on more than 20 internetkiosks. Overall I'm happy with the program, but I cannot say that about the coinchecker. I don't know if it's because the quality of the AK5 or software problem or what ever else, all my AK5's that I bought from you swallow money from time to time. They take in the money, but don't give any time back to the customer. This doesn't happen always, but happens too often.

I tried several things to solve the problem maybe but didn't help. New computers, disable power saving on USB ports, update windows, add extra cooling in the kiosks, nothing helped. Does somebody else have or had this problem maybe? I see nothing but positive comments on the forum, but no one does mention this problem. I'm at almost 30 kiosks now, working with you AK5's. It happens on all of them. Doesn't matter if the computer and AK5 is new, it happens always from time to time. What can we do about this?

I have a suggestion. Can you make your program work with this, , coinchecker maybe? I use that one on a couple of kiosks now with another kioskprogram and this one doesn't swallow that much, 1 or 2 times in a month maybe, that's all. But I'm not happy with the program, so I want to use your program with this coinchecker. It doesn't work with the pulse system that you use, it works with the ccTalk protocol. Also the AK5 takes in money from other countries that look like the 2 euro coin. Offcourse this shouldn't be, but the AK5 works mechanic so it doesn't see the difference between the coins, because they're the same size and weight. The coinchecker at the link works optical, so it doesn't have this problem.

So please can you make your program compatibel with it. I know you earn money by selling AK5's, but if you do make it compatibel I'm willing to pay for your program.

Please help, urgent!!
Administrator

Re: problem and suggestion coin swallowing AK5

Post by Administrator »

The swallow money may happen for the of coin acceptors old version RS232 interface board .
If you use old version RS232 interface board for old PC, it is OK, the new PC's RS232 serial port is very weak and may cause problem.
for new PC, we suggest use USB interface or new version RS232 Interface.
Please upgrade your coin acceptor to AK5-USB or new interface board which will solve the problem.
For other 2 countries coins, please let also let us know as soon as possible.
more detail please send email to sales@weavefuture.com