Repair?

Questions about our products
Rich107951

Repair?

Post by Rich107951 »

Well I have a AK5-RS232 and a custom made arcade box, I didn't recently buy this product it's been like 7-8 months (Bought it from your ebay store). I have a Serial to USB adapter and currently set everything (Device manager and Kiosk software) to COM 7. (I have tried other ports as well)

I have 2 lights on the Serial to USB adapter Red (To confirm the connection) and Green (Blinks when data is going through the unit).....When I first got the unit the green light would only blink when I put money in it (AKA what it suppose to do) .....well now that this expensive arcade box is finished I pulled this unit out again to maybe get some cash in a arcade. However now that its hooked up the green light almost always blinks continuously, and the Kiosk software thinks I keep putting in money.

Things I've done.
1. Replaced USB adapter.
2. Placed unit directly into COM Port (Built into motherboard)
3. Tried 3 computers.

....what I'm trying to say is that I know its the unit.

I soldered new wire on the unit, made sure all the capacitors were good.

THEORY! = Some sort of Noise or electrical current is getting into the COM port causing false data to be read by the software??? Wild theory.

Thanks in advance!
-Richard.

P.S. Worse case is there a way to send it to you guys for repair? If so how much?
Administrator

Re: Repair?

Post by Administrator »

the AK5-RS232 does not work with any third parties' USB-Serial converter.
You can send email to sales@weavefuture.com ask for USB upgrade kits for AK5-RS232.
It might not be any problem with AK5 coin acceptor if the coin acceptor AK5 still accept coins.
Rich107951

Post by Rich107951 »

Well Let me ask you this, I noticed on the RS232 board there is the following pins

12V RXD TXD GND

Obviously 12V is power
RXD is Recieve data
TXD is Sending Data
GND is well ground lol!

Anyway can you confirm that a wire does not go to TXD? (Its a 4 wire connector however only 3 wires are used 12V RXD and GND)

I'm just trying to confirm I have it connected right.

Here is a picture I took: http://mastergs.com/image.jpg

Also how much would it cost to replace the RS232 board?

Thanks!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Unfortunately.
The AK5-RS232 does not work with any third parties' USB-Serial converter. It is special made, the PINs may have different meanings
You can send email to sales@weavefuture.com ask for USB upgrade kits for AK5-RS232.
It might not be any problem with AK5 coin acceptor if the coin acceptor AK5 still accept coins.
Rich107951

Post by Rich107951 »

Administrator wrote:Unfortunately.
The AK5-RS232 does not work with any third parties' USB-Serial converter. It is special made, the PINs may have different meanings
I already removed that, Please I need an answer for the previouse post!!??
Anyway can you confirm that a wire does not go to TXD? (Its a 4 wire connector however only 3 wires are used 12V RXD and GND)

I'm just trying to confirm I have it connected right.

Here is a picture I took: http://mastergs.com/image.jpg
Thanks,
-Richard.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

only +12VDC, TXD, GND are connected.