How to change "links" for kiosk browser software?

Questions about our products
hstraf

How to change "links" for kiosk browser software?

Post by hstraf »

Currently, when the kiosk browser software starts, there are two "links" that appear to be hardcoded to go to the weavefuture website.

How can I change those links or remove them?

(I purchased the AK5 coin acceptor, and the browser software came bundled with a free license I think.)

Thanks!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Is it the latest version 3.7 or 3.7.1?
You should be able to change the start up default URL on Start-Kiosk Setting.
the Version 3.7 and 3.7.1's browser is latest 3.0 and have lots changes behind and totally compatible with IE 6 and up.
I will check if this feature still work

the customer purchased the AK5 coin acceptor, and the browser software came bundled with a free license.

thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Hello,

No, it is not the start page that I am talking about.

It is the two "links" that are included on the links page. There is no way to change them to something else or remove them?

Also, when I go to "www.google.fr" the "Search" button does not work. When customer presses the button, nothing happens.

Also, when I try to enter SHIFT key to captalize a character, it does not work.

I have installed 3.7.1 of the kiosk software for the AK5 acceptor. Is there a code or registration key I must enter?

Thanks.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

After you uninstall the older version, please go to the installed directory to remove all the data left over.
then install the new version.
We have have new feature to allow add/remove these quick links soon.

the google.fr link, we are working on it. should be solved this week.
thanks
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The latest version of Weavefuture Internet Cafe Game Kiosk Timer 3.7.2
It include Weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browsers 3.1
Which is brand new and use fully libraries and API from Internet Explore 6.x and above.
You need to setup correct Username, Password and Domain in Start->Administrator->AutoLogon in order to run
Weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browsers 3.1 without bugs.
This version fixed the "@" input and other bugs

It will fix the above problems.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Administrator wrote:You need to setup correct Username, Password and Domain in Start->Administrator->AutoLogon in order to run
Weavefuture Internet Kiosk Browsers 3.1 without bugs.
What is the "correct" Windows username and password that is needed?

I would prefer to run the kiosk using a user with "Guest" permissions. Is this possible? Is there a certain Windows user that is required to run the softwrae correctly?[/b]
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

" correct" Windows username and password that is needed " means valid username, password, and/or domain or the current user account you are using to login.
Because there are some features or functions need to interactive with OS system and those are done in a protected way. So it will limit its features or functions when it run in Guest account or limited account and will not fully tested.
We have done some works to limit all the know possible way to access to PC does not matter in Guest account or Administrative account.
We suggest using valid user account which have administrator privilege.
Please let us know if you find some security holes.

thanks
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

OK, thanks.

I hope that eventually you will test with a user that has only "Guest" privileges, because this is preferred.

The reason is because we also want to allow the kiosk user to run some other applications like Skype, MSN Chat, etc... and allowing Administrator windows user to run is not good.

We prefer to only let the user have a Guest account.

So I hope that eventually the Kiosk Timer software will work with Windows Guest account.

Thanks.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The Guest account are testing on future version 4.0.

Just update the 3.7.3 on website, it still show 3.7.2
It have a option to enable/disable the start browser with username/password.
so you can still use old way to use other browser like Opera, IE, FixFox or other application in old way (before version 3.7)

thanks for testing our software and give so much suggestions.